BME Joins Strategic Alliance with Pierce Manufacturing
Boise, ID (September 16, 2021) – BME Fire Trucks announced today that it has entered into a strategic alliance with Pierce Manufacturing Inc. This alliance will facilitate greater collaboration between BME and Pierce within the wildland market. BME will be moving from a factory-direct model to an independent dealer distribution model, which will provide new and existing BME customers with comprehensive service, parts inventory, and support.
BME has served fire and emergency professionals for over thirty years and is considered a premier wildland apparatus manufacturer. Manufacturing apparatus for CAL FIRE, BLM, USFS, and municipal fire departments.
“BME prides itself with being a leader in the wildland apparatus market,” said Chad Moffat, president of BME Fire Trucks.“We believe our alliance with Pierce will enhance our ability to create and develop better products, provide accessible service, and create more opportunities for our customers in the future.”
BME wildland products are renowned for equipping firefighters with durable, safe, and high-quality apparatus. BME’s reputation has a rich history of innovation and advanced mobility solutions for addressing harsh wildland environments, which complements Pierce Manufacturing and its manufacturing practices.
“This is an important day for both Pierce and BME customers,” said Jim Johnson, Oshkosh Corporation executive vice president, and president, Fire & Emergency. “We understand that fire and rescue departments face special challenges related to wildland environments. With this investment, Pierce will work with BME to provide the best possible wildland offerings to meet these unique challenges.”
What does this mean?
There is not a simple answer, but at BME the changes mean the following:
2. Decreased wait time on custom parts and better access to all parts.
3. Manufacturing support in multiple locations across the United States.
4. Implementing a dealer network will provide increased customer support, a better understanding of specific department’s needs, and the ability to manufacture high-quality fire apparatus.
5. Lower costs over time through improved efficiencies, better purchasing, and smarter designs.
6. Better focus on what BME does best — which is building wildland fire trucks. BME will be able to focus more on supply chain issues, schedule, quality, customer builds and getting engines out the door.
7. Government and contract sales: we will always be there to make sure we provide high-quality apparatus at an affordable price.
What won’t change:
1. BME leadership, quality, and customer service will not change. We will still take customer calls, answer technical questions, and serve our customers.
2. We will not cut quality or our desire to build the best wildland apparatus on the market.
3. Small departments will not be forgotten. We will be here to meet your needs and we will continue to provide products you can afford to purchase, maintain, and utilize for many years in the future.
4. Being in the alliance with Pierce will not change who we are. BME is the same company. By joining with Pierce there will be added benefits, as listed above.
We look forward to working with all our current and future clients while continuing to grow the BME family. We invite you to watch what happens over the next 12 months and our continued innovation of building the best wildland apparatus on the market.