The Targhee is one of our most popular Type 3 configurations. This model is a collaborative design between Cal Fire and BME with an emphasis on comfort, enhancements to pump layout, custom compartmentation, and efficiency. This design is tried and true to what wildland firefighters need on the frontlines.
Having dual pumps gives you multiple options in a wide variety of situations. Both pumps provide pump and roll capability and the JMP gives structural protection. Having two pumps keeps you and your crew from getting demobilized and can be used as a safety feature, if needed .
JMP 500 two-stage pump has excellent pump and roll capabilities and offers the following:
- 500 gpm (1893 L/M) @ 150 psi (10.3 bar)
- 375 gpm (1325 L/M) @ 200 psi (13.8 bar)
- 250 gpm (946 L/M) @ 250 psi (17.2 bar)
- 100 gpm (378 L/M) @ 500 psi (34.5 bar)
The Darley 1.5 AGE 24K D902 Kubota liquids cooled diesel with optional dual controls offers the following:
- 2.70 Ratio, Standard Impeller
- 20 gpm (76 L/M) @ 310 psi (21.4 bar)
- 140 gpm (530 L/M) @ 145 psi (10.0 bar)
- 180 gpm (681 L/M) @ 80 psi (5.5 bar)
- 3.17 Ratio, High Pressure Impeller
- 25 gpm (95 L/M) @ 375 psi (25.9 bar)
- 75 gpm (284 L/M) @ 245 psi (16.9 bar)
- 120 gpm (454 L/M) @ 150 psi (10.3 bar)
If you plan on working fires in California as a contractor, the Targhee is considered to be the best option to get the job done. The Targhee is similar to engines used by Cal Fire, OES, and many fire departments across PNW, which will give departments more access to parts, service, and equipment while on a fire. BME and our authorized dealers have most Targhee parts in stock and can have them available within 24-48 hours.
The Targhee was designed to be serviced and repaired in the field. BME’s goal was to create an engine where the pump could be changed in a Walmart parking lot. Increased pump house accessibility and non-proprietary parts provide the multiple options for departments to purchase parts and make repairs.
Get in Touch
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.