MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
CAREERS AT BOISE MOBILE EQUIPMENT
Boise Mobile Equipment consists of two fire apparatus manufacturing facilities in Boise, Idaho. Combined, the facilities employ individuals specializing in auto body, welding, fabrication, electrical, sales and support. We are seeking employees who would be proud to build life-saving equipment and become involved with a great company.
At BME, we are serious about creating a safe and productive work environment. We believe in the high levels of safety, service, and attention to the needs of our people, our guests and the fire service. We want you to understand that we also believe in core values.
- We believe in honesty and integrity.
- We believe in doing business in a professional and friendly manner.
- We believe in providing a reliable, high quality product.
- We believe in equal employment opportunities without bias.
- We believe that a drug free workplace is critical to our safety, success, and well-being.
HOURS + BENEFITS
Positions are full time, Monday through Friday. Some occasional expected overtime will be assigned, as needed, to meet production schedules. Our employee benefits include:
- Competitive Wage, based on experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
INTERESTED IN A CAREER
If you are interested in a rewarding career opportunity, we encourage you to call our office. You may send an email to inquire about openings to firstname.lastname@example.org. We seek to hire professional, ambitious applicants with good communication skills, who want to be part of a fast-paced and growing company for all job openings.
Boise Mobile Equipment is a custom fire apparatus manufacturer with over 25 years in the Boise area. We specialize in the fabrication and construction of some of the most durable wildland fire engines in the industry.
We are a growing shop looking to find experienced body shop employees who have a good understanding of bodywork principles, how to use body filler, how to block sand, and the ability to use air-tools. An ideal candidate would have a broad range of experiences and a strong mechanical aptitude. Related field experience would include automotive customization or collision repair work. This is a daytime/nighttime position.
We work on large flat panels that require a fair amount of practice to become proficient at filling and blocking. As a Bodywork and Prep Technician, you will be responsible for grinding, acid washing, and prepping the body for the paint process. Responsibilities will include mixing and applying body filler, sanding with both longboards and mud-hog sanders. Finish sanding primer, caulking seams, masking openings, and occasional color sanding and buffing. Candidates with tools and a roll around tool box are preferred. All applicants must pass a basic math test and pre-employment drug screening. Completion of vocational schooling or a minimum of 2 years of similar shop experience preferred.
• Final assembly
• Bondo work
• Metal work
• Knowledge of body shop materials
• Drywall/Masonry work helpful
- Design and fabrication of equipment brackets and wire harnesses.
- Emergency console buildouts
- Emergency lighting packages
- Multi-plex systems
- OEM Interface and programming
- Must pass a basic math test and pre-employment drug screening.
- Understanding of electrical principles and electrical circuits.
- Understanding of relays, diodes, and switches and the ability to diagnose and test circuits after installation.
- Automotive customization/mechanical work, finish carpentry/stereo installation or other layout experience, or some type of metal fabrication work.
- 1-2 years of working with 12 volt systems or related vocational schooling would be preferred.
Boise Mobile Equipment is a custom fire apparatus manufacturer with over 25 years in the Boise area. We specialize in the fabrication and construction of some of the most durable fire trucks in the industry.
Fit and Finish Craftsmen (responsible for the design and creation of brackets and overlays; the assembly and final fit of components; related field experience might include automotive customization, finish carpentry, or metal fabrication).
- This is a daytime/nighttime position.
- Candidates with tools (a list will be supplied at interview) and a roll around tool box are preferred.
- All applicants must pass a basic math test and pre-employment drug screening.
- Completion of vocational schooling or a minimum of 1-2 years of similar shop experience preferred.
- Compensation varies by position, experience, and candidate’s ability to fulfill tool list requirements at start.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hard-working inventory clerk with warehouse experience and great communication skills. Your responsibilities would include maintaining inventory records, loading/unloading trucks, operate forklift/pallet jack as needed and other duties as required. Inventory clerks can expect to work long hours sometimes and might have to travel in town occasionally.
Successful inventory clerks should have exceptional math and analytical skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidates are physically fit and have warehouse experience, a working knowledge of word processing, ERP/MRP/WMS systems and a valid driver’s license.
Inventory Clerk Responsibilities:
• Maintaining and updating inventory records.
• Counting materials, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock.
• Reporting discrepancies between physical counts and computer records.
• Developing or improving upon inventory management procedures.
• Stocking and issuing supplies, equipment or merchandise.
• Operate company vehicle to pickup/deliver supplies.
Inventory Clerk Requirements:
• High School Diploma.
• 1+ years experience in inventory control.
• 1+ years ERP/MRP/WMS systems experience.
• Excellent math and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Lift, bend, push/pull, climb ladders and stay on feet for the duration of a shift.
• Ability to work a minimum of 40-45 hours per week (M-F) and an occasional Saturday.
• Forklift experience beneficial.
Assists the press brake operator in running the press brake to form customer specific parts. Utilizes the appropriate tools and equipment necessary to service the customer’s needs and add value to the sale.
- Assisting the press brake operator while forming parts as well as identifying parts associated with a specific order, ensure all parts are formed to the tolerances called out on the customer drawing.
- Operate forklifts, jib cranes, and overhead cranes to properly handle parts into and out of the press brake while forming parts.
- Assist in identifying any questionable quality issues and present them to your lead/supervisor to ensure that customer expectations are met.
- Increase process flow and delivery response by assisting other employees in your department. Locate and pull parts from staging areas and stage finished product in proper areas when complete.
- Assist in preparing material for delivery, with emphasis on safety while enhancing customer satisfaction through accuracy and product quality. Keeping orders filled and product staged to ensure timely deliveries.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior experience – at least 12 months preferred.
- Must be able to read and write in English to be able to follow written instructions and record work activities performed.
- Math ability to figure piece counts
- Accurately read a tape measure – including converting decimals to fractions and vise versa.
Ability to perform skilled work pertaining to plumbing and welding such as assembling parts, installing pipe, and welding using the GTAW process. People who apply need to be reliable and able to work with little to no supervision; the individual must know how to problem solve without asking direction.
Examples of Duties:
Install general plumbing systems and maintain/repair existing plumbing
Monitors supply and equipment inventory
Welding stainless pipe with the GTAW process
Acid washing pipes prior to install
Proper safety gear for shop environment
Able to use power/air/basic tools (wrenches, punches, etc.)
Welding knowledge preferred
Ability to read tape measure
Basic math skills
Interpret blueprints, plans, drawings, schematics and other data pertaining to the objective
Understand and carry out oral and written directions with minimal accountability
Communicating effectively with coworkers and customers
Work with a group of people effectively
As a Sand Blaster, you will be part of the process of dry sand blasting and cleaning of large frames, plate, wheels and small parts. Must be reliable and able to work with little to no supervision; must know how to problem solve without asking direction.
An ideal candidate would have a broad range of experiences and a strong mechanical aptitude. Related field experience might include automotive customization work. Sand blasting operations with steel and cast iron parts, helmeted fresh air breathing systems, follow proper safety procedures, monitor media supply and production requirements, operation of large hopper style blasting system, power/air/basic shop tools, forklift operation, daily lifting up to 85lbs.
- Work in team environment
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions with minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and customers
Monday – Friday 6:00am to 3:30pm
Ability to perform skilled work pertaining to plumbing and weldingsuch as assembling parts, installing pipe, and welding using the GTAW process. People who apply need to be able to work withlittle to no supervision; the individual must know how to problem solve withoutasking direction.
Examples of duties:
- Install general plumbing systems and maintain/repair existing plumbing
- Monitors supply and equipment inventory
- Welding stainless pipe with the GTAW process
- Acid washing pipes prior to install
- Proper safety gear for shop environment
- Able to use power/air/basic tools (wrenches, punches, etc.)
- Welding knowledge preferred
- Ability to read tape measure
- Basic math skills
- Interpret blueprints, plans, drawings, schematics and other data pertaining to the objective
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions with minimal accountability
- Communicating effectively with coworkers and customers
- Work with a group of people effectively
Boise Mobile Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Boise Mobile Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.